Friday 27 June 2014

I have not failed



“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”



“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”



“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.”
Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist


“Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.”
Lance Armstrong, Every Second Counts


“You must make a decision that you are going to move on. It wont happen automatically. You will have to rise up and say, ‘I don’t care how hard this is, I don’t care how disappointed I am, I’m not going to let this get the best of me. I’m moving on with my life.”
Joel Osteen, Your Best Life Now: 7 Steps to Living at Your Full Potential



“Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor.”
Truman Capote


“Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.”
Winston Churchill


“To err is human, to forgive, divine.”
Alexander Pope, An Essay on Criticism


“Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it.”
Salvador Dalí


“Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door. ”
Coco Chanel


“The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough. They’re there to stop the other people.”
Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture


“You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.”
Maya Angelou


“My fault, my failure, is not in the passions I have, but in my lack of control of them.”
Jack Kerouac

“Life is full of screwups. You're supposed to fail sometimes. It's a required part of the human existance.”
Sarah Dessen, Along for the Ride


“It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.”
Theodore Roosevelt


“Success is most often achieved by those who don't know that failure is inevitable.”
Coco Chanel, Believing in Ourselves: The Wisdom of Women


“Just because you fail once doesn't mean you're gonna fail at everything.”
Marilyn Monroe


“All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.”
Samuel Beckett, Worstward Ho


“Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.”
Robert F. Kennedy


“A thinker sees his own actions as experiments and questions--as attempts to find out something. Success and failure are for him answers above all.”
Friedrich Nietzsche


“I didn't fail the test, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong.”
Benjamin Franklin


“Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat.”
F. Scott Fitzgerald


“I'm done with those; regrets are an excuse for people who have failed.”
Ned Vizzini, It's Kind of a Funny Story


“Together, they would watch everything that was so carefully planned collapse, and they would smile at the beauty of destruction.”
Markus Zusak, The Book Thief


“I make mistakes like the next man. In fact, being--forgive me--rather cleverer than most men, my mistakes tend to be correspondingly huger.”
J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince


“If you fell down yesterday, stand up today.”
H.G. Wells

“We are all failures- at least the best of us are.”
J.M. Barrie


“You’re not obligated to win. You’re obligated to keep trying. To the best you can do everyday.”
Jason Mraz


“I'd rather be partly great than entirely useless.”
Neal Shusterman, Unwind


“My past is everything I failed to be.”
Fernando Pessoa, The Book of Disquiet

No comments:

Post a Comment